What is a Nitro Cold Brew?
A Nitro Cold Brew is a regular cold brew, but with nitrogen-infused into it. The coffee drinkers have accepted nitro cold brew with open arms, since its introduction to the market. The main reason is the change in the texture of the drink, as described by the people as “melting right in your mouth”. Nitrogen infusion changes the texture of cold brew from watery to smooth and creamy. This texture is a result of tiny nitro bubbles present in the drink. The salted caramel cream mixes with the coffee so well, with the flavors complementing each other. Salted Caramel Cream Nitro Cold Brew is a drink with a full-bodied texture and is described as thick with a sweet and salty taste, where all the flavors compliment each other.
Many of you might have heard a new term in coffee drinks called “Salted Caramel Cream Nitro Cold Brew”. The salt seems to be unfit in a coffee beverage but do you really think is it so? Or have you ever tested it or thought of giving it a shot. For those who don’t have an idea of what is a salted caramel cream nitro cold brew and how did it start, we have got you covered. Following detailed video can clear all of your concepts about salted caramel cream nitro cold brew.
Why Has Nitro Coffee Become So Popular
The nitro coffee has become a lot popular both among the café owners and customers, since its introduction to the general public:
- You need to prepare large quantities of ingredients in advance. That way it is ready to serve all the time
- The creamy and velvety texture is also appealing to the people who prefer milk coffee over black coffee
- The cascading effect brought to life due to the texture and colors is visually appealing to the customers
In the present day, people are a lot more concerned with calculating the number of calories present in every meal, to keep their daily calorie intake in check. This section is for those groups of people. In Salted Caramel Cream Nitro Cold Brew, most of the calories come from fats and carbohydrates. The total number of calories present in the Starbucks grade of this drink is 230, which comprises 57% fat and 40% carbohydrates, whereas the rest is protein.
Make Salted Caramel Cream Nitro Cold Brew at Home
For making any nitro cold brew, you must have a nitro cold brewer at home. The following ingredients need to be prepared beforehand. The first step is to make the cold brew, which you can do by following the below-mentioned steps.
- You would require half a cup of coarsely ground coffee beans for one cup of cold water
- Mix the water and coffee beans in a large jar. Cover it and then refrigerate it for 20 hrs. This method is called steeping
- Once steeping is complete, filter out the beans so that only the brew is left. You can filter the beans using a coffee filter or just a simple strainer
- Now you can dilute the cold brew according to your taste. Starbucks recipe includes diluting with a 1:1 ratio of cold brew to cold water
Nitro Cold Brew:
To infuse nitrogen in your cold brew you will need a nitrogen infuser. These nitrogen infusers are divided into two types, one of them being Keg Style and the second one being whipper style. Whichever style you use, read the manual carefully for the maximum capacity of the flask and strictly follow it. The steps to make Cold Brew Nitrogen Infusion with a whipper style nitro brew coffee maker, are as follows:
- Put the cold brew in the flask of nitrogen infuser
- Put the nitro charger in the charger holder and carefully twist it. When you are done with twisting it, the nitrogen will already be infused in the cold brew
- Shake the flask a few times and pour your Nitro cold brew in a glass
- Use equal ratios of milk and heavy cream and pour them in the cup
- If you are using quarter cups of both milk and cream then add 1 tablespoon of sugar and a quarter teaspoon of salt
- Learn the way to use a milk frother to make the cold foam. The final consistency should be fluffy
Making Salted Caramel Cream Nitro Cold Brew
As all the ingredients have been prepared, you can start preparing your Salted Caramel Cream Nitro Cold Brew glass.
- The first step is to add the ice to your glass. You can also decorate your glass with a toffee sauce if you want
- Add Caramel syrup to your taste. You can add just one tablespoon of caramel syrup incase you hate too sweet flavor of coffee
- Now pour the cold brew that you prepared into your cup and top off with the prepared salted cold foam
One thing to note is that if you prepare the cold brew in a large amount, then preparing this coffee will not take this long every time. Although I would recommend making fresh cold foam every time you make yourself this coffee drink. Here is a video of complete tutorial that can help you make salted caramel brew at home
How to order at Starbucks
As a new recipe has also been introduced for this nitro brew, i will mention both old and new recipes for this
- To order the old recipe, you should say “a cold nitro brew with four cold bar pumps of caramel with salted sweet cream foam”
- To order the new recipe you should say “nitro cold brew with two full bar pumps of vanilla topped with salted caramel cream cold foam”.
The Starbucks ingredients of this drink are as follows.
Brewed Coffee, Salted Vanilla Sweet Cream [Cream (Cream, Mono And Diglycerides, Carrageenan), Milk, Vanilla Syrup (Sugar, Water, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid), Salt], Caramel Syrup [Sugar, Water, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate]
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Do nitro cold brews have more caffeine than regular cold brews?
Yes, according to the statistics, Salted Caramel Cream Nitro Cold Brew has a total of 270 mg of caffeine whereas Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew has 185 mg of caffeine.
Which one is better, the cold brew or the nitro cold brew?
There is not much taste difference between them both, the main difference is the texture of the drink. The nitro cold brew has a creamy texture that compliments the flavors as much.
Which Nitro cold brew coffee maker is better, Keg style or Whipper style?
Both of them are good, whereas the Keg style coffee Nitro coffee maker is preferred more, as it is easier to use, because of its similarity with a mini-keg of beer.
Does the amount of coffee in the whipper-style nitrogen infuser affect the frothiness of nitro cold brew?
Yes, comparing the frothiness of the nitro cold brews formed, when you infuse 150ml of cold brew and 850 ml of cold brew side by side, the infusion in the 850 ml one is far better.