Roasted fresh coffee beans ensure that they have a rich, high-quality aroma. You can’t make good coffee without a good roaster, but you probably don’t want to spend a lot of money on one. It’s important to have knowledge about roasting your own beans and serving high-quality coffee to your customers. In order to do that the following roasting machines can help you achieve just that!
Whether you have a Nespresso machine for Latte or a Nespresso machine for Cappuccino, Coffee roasters make your life easier especially if you are running a small business. Here’s the thing, finding a coffee roaster is sometimes a difficult process, and since the business is so vast these days, there are a lot of alternatives, which makes the situation even more unpleasant, giving you the feeling of not knowing which one to choose, which is preferable.
This is why we have highlighted eight different coffee roasters machines for use at home, at shops, or for small businesses. All of the roasters on the list are diverse in expense, but they are all consistently good and carefully tested and selected to suit people with various budgets and interests.
Best Coffee Roaster Machine for Small Businesses
1. Fresh Roast SR540: Best Overall Roaster
- Diameter: 14.4×18.4×8 inches
- Power: 1750
- Voltage: 120V
- Roast time: 15 minutes
The Fresh Roast SR540 is a better and more efficient edition of SR500 with a redesigned display unit. This roaster machine allows you to monitor heat, fan, and timer through the LCD display. Furthermore, it features a mono dial unit at the base for the adjustment of heat, fan, and timer. This machine has an electric base designed with a glass chamber that comes with a removable lid.
Fresh roast SR540 weighs only 5 pounds and measures 14.4×18.4×8 inches making it easy to carry and fit on your counter conveniently. Also, the on/off button is featured on this roaster coffee machine. Similarly, the run/cool button offers you to control the roasting by either extending the cooling or blowing hot air. Moreover, the control panel is quite straightforward to operate as it comes with only a few, quick and easy button accessibility.
In contrast to its previous model, which only featured low, medium, and high heat settings, this model has 9 distinct heat adjustments allowing you to control the process of roasting. Also, a real-time temperature monitor gives you options for adjustments. What’s more, is the convenient chaff chamber present at the top that can be removed and cleaned easily. You may also clean the top cap screen after every use. Also, this durable roaster includes a 1-year warranty.
Fresh roast SR540 is a great compact coffee roaster with amazing quality and competitive pricing. This roaster machine offers consistent and uniform roasting.
Although it allows roasting 4 ounces of beans which isn’t sufficient. However, if you are just starting your coffee business this machine is ideal as it also comes with a guarantee and great customer service. Also, considering the low price, it’s a very productive roaster for beginners.
2. KALDI WIDE Coffee Roaster: Editor’s Pick Roasting Machine
- Dimensions: 6.69 x 14.57 x 18.11 inches
- Voltage: 120 V
- Weight: 12.79 pounds
- Roasting time: 10-15 minutes
KALDI wide coffee roaster is a semi-commercial motorized coffee roaster that features unique Air Roasting Technology to ensure consistent distribution of heat. This drum coffee roaster includes important accessories such as a large hopper that boasts easy pouring of green beans. Also, it comes with a thermometer that displays the precise drum interior temperature. Gratefully the probing rod allows you to remove some beans in order to monitor the roasting procedure.
This coffee bean roaster also features a detachable chaff tray that catches the skin of the beans for preventing an unpleasant extraction process. It also comes with a convenient volt adapter that allows you to convert from 110V to 220V. This KALDI coffee roaster has an impressive roasting capacity of 300g coffee beans in a single batch. Hence you can have 40 cups of coffee after you are done roasting the beans.
The KALDI Coffee Roaster Motorize type is a convenient drum roaster for small coffee shops as it produces a sufficient volume of finely roasted coffee in a matter of minutes.
The long-lasting stainless-steel built of this roasting machine offers a warranty for one year, but you’ll be able to rely on it considerably further. But, like other roasters, this coffee roaster also does not include a suppressor for smoke, so be sure your workplace has ventilation space.
3. Bar Well Coffee Roaster: Best Multifunctional Roasting Machine
- Dimensions: 13.5 x 13.5 x 8 inches
- Voltage: 110 V
- Power: 1200 W
- Roasting time: 0-60min
The Bar well coffee roaster is great for those looking for a high-quality, rapid functioning, and easy roaster that can roast high volumes of coffee grounds in a short amount of time. The Bar Well coffee roaster features a roasting capacity of 17.6 ounces per process. This roaster features a non-sticking coating that prevents coffee beans from sticking to the bottom. Also, the stainless steel and heat-resistant build with a handle ensure safety while roasting the coffee beans.
Also, the transparent lid allows you to monitor the roasting process and make adjustments when needed. You may adjust the heating temperature within the 100-240 centigrade range. Bar well coffee roaster also features 4 vent holes that allow the rich, flavorful aroma of beans to flow out. Interestingly this roaster offers you to roast various items such as peanut, chestnut, sunflower beans, etc.
The Barwell coffee roaster is a fantastic roaster for roasting and baking a variety of nuts and coffee beans. It is large, very productive, and easy to use. This machine also ensures maintenance and has a quality design. The only drawbacks are the roaster’s big size and hefty weight. Also, it comes at a premium price. However, it’s well worth it thanks to its ample capacity, high output, and quick processing.
4. Fresh Roast SR800: Best for Beginners
- Diameter: 14.25 x 8.43 x 8.35 inches
- Power: 1750
- Voltage: 120V
- Roast time: 4-10 minutes
Fresh roast SR800 is the recent model that is similar to SR540 but it features an 8oz roasting capacity for wet beans. It also comes with an enhanced control board. This coffee roaster features a highly powered heater and fan. Also, you can roast dry beans up to 60 ounces per time. You can adjust accordingly with the help of rotating the knob to change the fan, heat, or timer setting. It also has a real-time temperature display.
Likewise, the current temperature can be seen by turning the knob to the right. Furthermore, this roaster coffee machine features an on/off button. Similarly, the run/cool button allows you to manage the roasting by prolonging hot air or turning to the cold option to prolong the roast.
Also, the control panel is simple to use with easy-to-access control buttons. Unlike its previous models, which only had low, medium, and high-temperature settings, this model includes nine different heat settings, allowing you to manage the roasting process.
A real-time temperature monitor also allows you to make quick adjustments. Furthermore, there is a useful chaff chamber at the top which is removable for cleaning purposes. Not to forget, this coffee roaster machine weighs 6 pounds and has a size of 14.25 x 8.43 x 8.35 inches in diameter allowing you to put this machine conveniently in your workplace. Lastly, the 1-year warranty ensures the durability of this roaster.
In brief, Fresh roast SR800 is a sturdy machine that allows roasting beans with minimal effort. This roaster allows you to perform roasting of your coffee beans without any struggle as it is simple to operate. Although it doesn’t offer smoke reduction, the machine’s top along with the hood fan slows down the outflow of smoke allowing you to roast easily. This high-quality machine gives wonderful results even if you have just started roasting coffee beans.
5. BOCABOCA Coffee Bean Roaster: Best Quality Roaster Machine
- Diameter: 13.39 x 6.69 x 7.99 inches
- Power: 1500 watts
- Voltage: 110V
- Roast time: 10-15 minutes
There are two sizes of BocaBoca coffee roasters. One offers you 250gram of coffee beans while the other offers 500 grams. Furthermore, this roaster comes with a roasting barrel and glass that ensures a rich taste. Moreover, it features a thermometer for monitoring and adjustment settings.
The inbuilt handle prevents you from touching the hot roaster. A fan and cooling section with a wicker tray is also included with this roaster. This aids in the reduction of heat and the removal of chaff. It has a sleek external wooden style that goes with any interior décor of your coffee shop. There is a power switch and temperature control switch. This coffee roaster is great for those who have a small kitchen as it has dimensions of 13.39 x 6.69 x 7.99 inches.
The wooden exterior helps in keeping all of the useful items hidden giving your workplace a neat and tidy look. Also, the roasting barrel is encased in heat-resistant glass. This transparent glass allows you to monitor and manage the roasting process with the help of a stirring blade. The wood exterior helps in avoiding electric shocks while dealing with metal appliances.
It’s a cutting-edge electric roaster that also has infrared systems. The infrared beams evenly and efficiently heat the coffee beans. Contrary to other air roasters, it roasts beans at low temperatures.
BocaBoca coffee roaster at your small business opens up a whole new world of coffee flavors to you. If you can afford the expense and can clean your roaster regularly, then the BocaBoca coffee roaster is a good choice. However, this is not a suitable alternative for you want a roaster on a limited budget. With easy functioning and a quick learning curve, you’ll grasp the working process rapidly.
6. JIAWANSHUN Electric Coffee Roaster: Easy to Use Roaster
- Diameter: 18.5×14.3×11.2 inches
- Power: 1200 watt
- Voltage: 120V
- Roasting time: 15 minutes
JIAWANSHUN electric coffee roaster is simple to use for those who are just beginning their roasted coffee business. This electric roaster has a large bean capacity of 800g. Furthermore, using the temperature control knob, the temperature can be adjusted from 0 to 240 degrees. This electric coffee roaster size of 18.5×14.3×11.2 inches perfectly fits on the top of your counter. The transparent glass cover enables you to monitor the roasting of beans. It comes with a rotator rod which can be readily detached for cleanup.
This coffee roaster not only allows you to roast beans, but also melon seeds, nuts, popcorn, and more. It also features a 45-degree sloping angle for equal distribution of coffee beans. Also, this coffee roaster has a 30-day refund guarantee. Moreover, you can pick between two voltages either 110V or 220V.
In brief, the electric-powered JIAWANSHUN simply uses a machine that features a large capacity for beans. Also, this machine supports a large proportion of beans, making it suitable for small coffee businesses. However, this coffee roaster lacks cleaning chaff. For a clean coffee environment, you must work in a ventilated area.
7. Hario Retro Coffee roaster: Best Vintage Design Roaster
- Diameter: 0.39×0.39×0.28 inches
- Weight: 3.6 pounds
- Voltage: 120V
- Roasting time: 15 minutes
The Hario Retro coffee roaster is a barrel-type of roaster that works with heat provided by organic gases such as butane or ethanol lamps. Also, the roaster is operated manually. By making adjustments in the speed of the machine rollers you can control the temperature. Furthermore, the transparent glass allows you to monitor the baking of the beans. Also, it can roast about 50g of coffee beans while taking only 10–15 minutes to roast.
You get approximately 2-4 cups of sufficient serving of roasted beans. The exterior is composed of heat-resistant glass that should be treated with caution. This coffee roaster weighs 3.65 pounds making it easy to move and it stays in the location where it was placed.
Also with the dimensions of 0.39×0.39×0.28 inches, you can easily place it on a small counter in your coffee café. This drum roaster produces great, robust, and even roasting without the use of batteries or energy. While roasting, a convenient hand crank revolving gives you extra control and ensures equal roasting.
To conclude, the Hario retro coffee roaster is composed of high-quality steel and is built to last a long period. This roaster is efficient and dependable. As well as this roaster gives a stylish and trendy look to your cafe. The downside we found in this retro machine is that this roaster is a bit on the pricey side as compared to other retro coffee roasters. But overall, it provides quality roasted beans at this price range.
8. KALDI-5 Mini Coffee Bean Roaster: Powerful Coffee Machine
- Diameter: 12 x 16 x 14 inches
- Weight: 2.2 kg
- Voltage: 120V
- Roasting time: 15 minutes
Kaldi-5 mini coffee bean roaster comes with 250 grams capacity for roasting a great volume of beans. This coffee machine takes 15 minutes to roast beans with rich flavor and texture. Also, this coffee roaster allows you to adjust time and temperature for getting your perfect roasted beans. The transparent glass chamber provides vivid monitoring for the beans. It features a 3D off-axis rotation for accurate bean roasting.
Also, it weighs roughly 10 pounds and is 12 x 16 x 14 inches in dimensions. Consequently, its compact size can be simply stored. It’s simple to clean this coffee roaster as well. It also features a thermometer that displays the exact inner temperature of the roaster. Thankfully, the sampler and hopper allow you to extract some beans so that you can keep an eye on the roasting process.
The KALDI-5 mini is an ideal coffee machine for a small coffee café with its large bean capacity. Moreover, the 3D axis revolving and easy-to-adjust temperature control allow you to roast coffee beans rapidly. Although you may have to bear some noise disturbance, the first crack sound is always pleasing to hear.
Starting a business, big or small, makes no difference. As coffee services are delivered by over half of the shops, and because it is one of the most prevalent earnings, it is critical that you spend time learning what it takes to manage a successful cafe. Have you been still undecided about which coffee roaster to engage with for your small business? We’ve got you covered! The preceding are among the most important factors to think about before you go for any roaster machine.
- Cost: Coffee roasters are accessible in various pricing ranges. Inexpensive often does not imply bad quality and vice versa; hence, being pricey does not always imply that it is a top-notch roaster. The price of your coffee roaster is a critical consideration. As a result, it’s strongly advised that you establish a budget for the amount of money you’re ready to invest in your coffee roaster. Bear in mind that the consistency of the roast is critical for the roasting business’s growth.
- Source of heat: In a gas-powered roaster hot air is blown through the roasting chamber. This is designed to ensure that all of the coffee beans are uniformly heated. These coffee roasters come in different sizes and volumes. Most high-volume roasters use gas as it can provide continuous heat. Hence if you need a higher capacity roaster for your small business, a gas-powered roaster may be the best option. However, if you are just starting your small business then electric roasters with a lesser roasting capacity are ideal. Electric roasters come with time and temperature adjustments. It can be automatically controlled through knobs or buttons, making controlling the device quite simple. These air roasters are best for beginners.
Types of Roasted Coffee Beans
There are basically three types of roasted beans including light, medium and dark roast. The light roast is light in color. It doesn’t support any oil and has a toasted taste. In the case of medium roast, the color is medium brown. Also, it gives a strong coffee taste. The dark roast is darker in color with a bitter taste.
- Heat control: Distinct roast types demand various temperatures to get the optimal roast, heat regulation is a crucial element of roasting. As a result, whether you’re using an electric or gas-powered roaster, make sure to look for a heat-controlling feature.
- Chaff chamber: For a clean environment and smoke-free roasting the chaff collector is necessary. Although not many machines include it, you should still look for this feature in the roaster machine. If not featured then, you have to work in a place with a ventilator.
- Roast per day: Choosing the roaster that provides the required cup of coffee is essential. If you go for an industrial coffee roaster it is suitable for big coffee shops. This industrial roaster works fine with high-demand restaurants as it provides 5kg up to 100kg per day. Whereas Mini coffee roasters are ideal for a few customers, small cafes, or for home. Mini roasters come with a small capacity providing 1 to 5 grams only.
To summarize, we listed the 8 best coffee roaster machines for small businesses with their unique features, pros, and cons. The current business industry offers a variety of coffee roasters, including conventional roasters such as gas roasters, drum roasters, and DIY firewood roasters.
Small businesses are highly benefited by a variety of options thanks to these innovations in roasters. However, choosing the best coffee roasting machine for a small business might be difficult at times. As there are numerous machines, each with its own functionality. Nonetheless, you can make the appropriate decision with the above-enumerated roaster machines for your small business. Let’s have a quick review of our top 3 best coffee roasters for small businesses:
- Best overall Fresh Roast SR540: This coffee roaster features a display unit allowing you to adjust and monitor your coffee roasting. With the inbuilt on/off button, you can control the operation of the machine. Also, these roaster machines provide 9 distinct heat adjustments.
- Editor’s pick KALDI coffee roaster: Featuring a unique Air roasting technique, this coffee roaster provides rick flavored roasted beans. The built-in thermometer displays the precise interior temperature. Also, it gives an impressive roasting capacity of 300g.
- Best multifunctional Barwell coffee roaster: The easy-to-use Barwell coffee roaster ensures high volume in a short period of time. It features 4 vent holes that allow the rich aroma of beans to flow out. Also, this multifunctional machine allows you to roast various nuts and beans.
Frequently Ask Questions
How much time should I wait to drink roasted coffee?
Roasted coffee can be consumed after 24 hours. Although it is perfectly fine to have it earlier, the roasted coffee requires some time for developing texture and taste.
Is drum roasted coffee and hot air coffee the same?
No, In a drum roaster machine, a revolving drum whirl the coffee beans as they are roasted. Whereas, the passing hot air steam is used to roast the coffee beans in the case of hot air coffee roasters.